Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Anzac Diamante poem

In writing our writing group are looking at poems. This is the second poem that we have done this term, it is called a Diamante poem. A Diamante poem is a poem that has a only one noun on the top, two adjectives on the second line, three verbs on the next line, four nouns then you do the same but the opposite way. Three verbs, two adjectives and one noun forming a diamond.

Our writing group did that but we had to do it about Anzac day. The hard thing I found about the activity was to find all the nouns for the poem, for some reason I found that part the hardest it would usually be the easiest because it's just names. The thing I found best was decorating it because, I draw my own pictures and I think they look good. I drew pictures about the things I put on the poem for example I put a grave on it. The thing I found the most interesting was how it the poem looks. So some times the poems don't look like a diamond but that doesn't really matter, the only thing that matters is making the poem good.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post